The Student News Site of Anderson High School

Anderson Student News

Breaking News

Anderson Student News

Anderson Student News

New leads emerge in the Delphi Murders investigation

Back in 2017, two young girls were brutally murdered as they took a walk on the Monon High Bridge Trail in Delphi, Indiana.

Authorities have recently uncovered new clues that could bring them closer to finding answers. Investigators are working tirelessly to follow up on these leads and piece together the puzzle.The community is hopeful that justice will be served for the victims and their families.

Richard Allen is the alleged murderer who killed Abby Williams and Libby German. There are alot of people saying that there were more people that helped kill the two girls. CBS news says when Richard

Abby Williams and Libby German, the 2 girls who were killed while walking on the bridge (right). Richard Allen, their alleged killer, is pictured on the left.

Allen was arrested last month and charged with 2 counts of alleged murder but in the hearing on Tuesday Carroll County prosecutor Nicholas McLeand said that he believes others were connected to the murders according to the Associated Press. 

Abby and Libby always went to the Monon High Bridge to walk. According to NBC News the girls were killed after a relative dropped them off at the hiking trail near the bridge just outside their hometown of Delphi about 60 miles northwest of Indianapolis.Their bodies were found the next day on February 14, 2017 in a rugged, heavily wooded area near the trail. Libby was able to film with her phone and she kept saying, “Guys, down the hill.”

Allen has pleaded not guilty to the charges, but has confessed “multiple times” according to ABC News. He pleaded not guilty at first because it will give him the right to a fair trial and the right to testify in his own defense or to remain silent and it will give him the right to cross examine any witnesses.

Richard Allen’s next trial date is October 15-31 2024 and November 1st 2024.

Donate to Anderson Student News

Your donation will support the student journalists of Anderson High School . Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.