The Student News Site of Anderson High School

Anderson Student News

Breaking News

Anderson Student News

Anderson Student News

Rappers continue to die young, leaving fans saddened

Over the past few years, several rap artists have died young. Some of the rappers died from drugs and overdose. The fans want to respect the musicians who have died. They feel sad that their favorites are not here to rap now.

Freshman Dennis Roberts said that these artists would still be rapping and singing if they were still alive.

Sometimes, record companies even release artists’ unfinished music after they have died so that fans can continue to enjoy it. 

After Juice WRLD died, his managers released two albums. XXXTentacion had two albums, “Skins” and “?”, released after he died. After King Von was shot and killed in 2020, his record company released the album “Posthumous”. Lil Peep’s “Come Over When You’re Sober, Pt. 2″  was his last album, released after his death from a drug overdose in 2017.

The albums made a big impact among the fan base, and Roberts said they would be rapping and singing if they were still alive.

Several of these rappers had documentaries about how they died. The documentaries make people understand the musicians lives better and be more open-minded about their circumstances. The documentaries make an effort to share the circumstances of rappers’ lives and deaths.

All of these musicians will be remembered and some believe they continue to watch their fans from beyond. Before he died, Juice WRLD’s last words were, “I love ya’ll more than life itself.”

Donate to Anderson Student News

Your donation will support the student journalists of Anderson High School . Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.