The Student News Site of Anderson High School

Anderson Student News

Breaking News

Anderson Student News

Anderson Student News

Taylor Swift announces second leg of U.S. tour

American Singer-Songwriter Taylor Swift,  is popular in Anderson High School. When Taylor announced that she is doing a second leg of the US tour in 2024, social media blew up and it was almost impossible to get tickets through the Ticketmaster portal.

Some Anderson High School students were lucky enough to get tickets. Sophomore Mckayla Swain, gives off Taylor-like energy. She’s always up and happy and trying to bring joy to others, just like Taylor. Mckayla is also a really big people-helper by choice.

Mckayla and her family weren’t able to get tickets to the first leg of the tour, this time around they made sure that didn’t happen, and they got the tickets. “I didn’t think we’d be able to get tickets, we just got lucky.” Mckayla said. 

When she realized she and her family got the tickets, she was full of excitement. She smiled, laughed, and cried. Mckayla has listened to Taylor since she was little. Growing up with 11 sisters, Taylor was just always around: In the car rides, the showers, living room dance parties, and more. It was impossible not to be brought into the Swiftie nation. 

Mckayla is much older now and Taylor isn’t just for all of those fun things anymore. Mckayla says, “Her music has gotten me through some pretty intense things,especially the bad breakups.” 

Navigating to the Ticketmaster page as of September 1, you cannot get tickets unless you signed up for presale. Some other ways fans can engage with the Eras Tour is by going to your movie theater starting Friday, October 13th. There will be a once in a lifetime concert experience in theaters. Fans are encouraged to dress up and exchange friendship bracelets! You can also engage by keeping up with Taylors social media. Lastly, even if you don’t have tickets, there are thousands of Swifties singing along outside of stadiums together having a blast and you could be one of them! 

Donate to Anderson Student News

Your donation will support the student journalists of Anderson High School . Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.