The Student News Site of Anderson High School

Anderson Student News

Breaking News

Anderson Student News

Anderson Student News

Indy Scream Park returns to Anderson

Senior April Diaz poses with a man in a Freddy Krueger costume at the Indy Scream Park in 2022.

For people who like haunted houses and love to see the horror of scary clowns, the Indy Scream Park has returned to Anderson for the 2023 Halloween season. The popular haunted house will be open from Sept. 15 until Nov. 4 at 5211 S New Columbus Rd. in Anderson.

Senior April Diaz says that the haunted house should be a place people go for fun. Even though there are scary clowns, Diaz said,  “the clowns are not bad, they are just people.”

Diaz said that the clowns and other costumed figures are employees of the park. Actors such as dolls and ringmasters parade around and make sure you arrive before sunset.

According to Indy Scream Park’s website, the haunted house has five different themed areas. When you walk into the park, everything is decorated and staff have transformed the old warehouse with paint.

One of the special areas in the park is the Backwoods, which is located behind the main haunted house. The lore of this area is that the woods have been populated by the same family for generations.

“There are people running around in the Backwoods trying to spook you while you’re playing zombie paintball.”

Donate to Anderson Student News

Your donation will support the student journalists of Anderson High School . Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.