The Student News Site of Anderson High School

Anderson Student News

Breaking News

Anderson Student News

Anderson Student News

Boys soccer team completes season

The Anderson High School boys soccer team had a close season this year, but ultimately came out negative. The team has added several new freshmen, but players argue that this makes the team stronger, not weaker. The team’s record this year is 7-9- 1 so far. The Indians attribute the wins they racked up to bringing in many new
freshmen and using their communication better on the field.
Despite the losses, Freshman Carter Spolyar believes the team can only get better. “I think the team has a bright future because we are very young this year. We have about 7 underclassmen in the varsity starting 11, as well as only graduating about 6 or 7 seniors this year, so we’ll still be pretty young next year,” Spolyar says.
New freshman recruits to the team include shot makers Carter Spoylar and Braydon Braxton, as well as defender CJ Jones and goalkeeper Cole Roberts.
The team lost many seniors last year, but the incoming freshmen are using their skills to make up for this loss. Many players say they have a big future coming for the team.
Everyone on the team has a role to play. “Our team works well because we know how to play through our mid and be strong in the middle,” said Spolyar. “We play through the middle and find our strikers on through balls.”
This is a new year and a new season for the team who carried a 7-9 record last year, and a 0-12 record in the 2021 season.

“The seasons going well, I think it’s pretty fun. We’re winning most games so far too,” says player David Espinoza-Miranda.
It seems like the team has high hopes for the future because of their teamwork and connection to one another.
“The team is working well together because we are connecting passes and staying up as a team,” says Roberts.

Donate to Anderson Student News

Your donation will support the student journalists of Anderson High School . Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.