The Student News Site of Anderson High School

Anderson Student News

Breaking News

Anderson Student News

Anderson Student News

Some kids think they’re too old to trick or treat; others insist it is timeless fun

In Anderson, Indiana there are so many people that like to celebrate or have plans for Halloween. There are also a lot of students that won’t trick or treat or do trunk or treating because some teenagers feel too old to participate. There are also teenagers that like to go and do Halloween activities half of the time with their friends. 

Freshman Collyer King-Mullins  is one of the students who thinks that high school is too old to trick or treat.

“ He said when I was younger I would go trick or treating but now I am older and in highschool,” King-Mullins said. “I will only go trick or treating with my friends if they ask or with my siblings.”

King-Mullins participates in other activities instead of trick or treating.

King-Mullins said, ”I passed out candy to the children that were in my grandparents neighborhood while my sister was trick or treating with my mom so me and my brother stayed at my grandparents house and passed out candy to all the children.”

I asked King-Mullins if he would go trick or treating again and he said, ’’I will go again if my friends ask me to go or if I feel like going.”

King-Mullins loves to pass out candy to the children and he loves to scare them. 

King-Mullins favorite things to do for Halloween is scaring people and going to haunted houses. His favorite candy is snickers, smarties, skittles etc.

Freshman Aliyah Fada is one of the students who thinks high school isn’t too old to trick or treat.

“Fada said ‘’Trick or treating isn’t too old for high schoolers’’.

I asked Fada what age should kids stop trick or treating. She said, “They should stop trick or treating when they are like 16,17,18 or whenever they want to stop trick or treating.” 

Fada loves to go trick or treating with her siblings and her family.

I asked Fada where she went trick or treating and she said she went with her siblings and her Father to a highschool trick or treat.  I  asked her what she was for Halloween and she said’’ I dressed up as a college student and she said’’ I had so much fun with my siblings and my dad’’.

I asked Fada what  her favorite candy was and she said’’ Reese’s’’ I asked her her least favorite and she said’’ Milk duds’’.

Fada loves to go out trick or treating with her siblings and her Father.

Donate to Anderson Student News

Your donation will support the student journalists of Anderson High School . Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.