The Student News Site of Anderson High School

Anderson Student News

Anderson Student News

Anderson Student News

Pacers lose against Lakers in championship

As the Pacers take a couple point loss against the Lakers, Pacers fans are left devastated. The score of the game ended at 109-123. Pacers fan Jason Power said, “it seems like the Pacers didnt even come to play.” Anthony Davis and Lebron James seemed to be taking over the game. The top scorers of the Pacers were Bennedict Mathurin and Tyrese Haliburton. The top scorers of the Lakers were Austin Reaves and Anthony Davis with an astonishing 42 points. The Pacers got into a similar situation in the 2000 finals in a game against the Lakers but we didn’t end up winning the championship. Almost the same thing happened 23 years later! These are the teams everybody thought would end up in the championship.

Photo by Caesar’s Sportsbook.

Clearly the Pacers surprised a lot of people. The last few years the Pacers have seemed to fall short and have not been able to make a championship or playoffs. But this year is different because the Pacers played the New Orleans Pelicans to win the championship. The Pacers could still be a playoff team though, losing the championship doesn’t mean much because it doesn’t stop you from going to the playoffs. And if the Pacers were to win the playoffs, that would be the first ring the Pacers would have ever gotten in history.

Donate to Anderson Student News

Your donation will support the student journalists of Anderson High School . Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.