The Student News Site of Anderson High School

Anderson Student News

Breaking News

Anderson Student News

Anderson Student News

The Top 5 Foundation Brands for Hispanic People

When it comes to choosing the perfect foundation, it’s essential to consider your unique skin tone and texture. As a member of the Hispanic community, finding foundation brands that cater to our diverse range of skin tones can often be challenging. To help you in your search, I’ve compiled a list of the top five foundation brands to make your life easier. Not only are they popular but they offer products that complement our beautiful skin.

5. Estée Lauder

Estée Lauder is a renowned brand that offers an impressive range of 42 shades suitable for various skin tones, including Hispanic complexions. Their foundation formulas cater to different skin types, providing excellent coverage for mild to moderate skin concerns. However, the main drawback is the relatively high pricing, which may deter customers on a budget. 

4. Fenty Beauty

Launched by the multi-talented artist Rihanna, Fenty Beauty has been a game changer in the beauty industry, particularly for individuals with darker skin tones. Fenty Beauty offers a wide range of 40 shades that work perfectly for us, ensuring that everyone can find their ideal match. Their formulas are known for providing an excellent balance between coverage and a natural finish, making them a favorite among many.

3. Rare Beauty

Created by renowned singer and actress Selena Gomez, Rare Beauty has quickly gained popularity for its focus on inclusivity and diversity. The brand offers a good variety of shades, starting at a price point of 29 dollars. Their foundation formulas provide a lightweight, buildable coverage that allows your skin to shine through. Rare Beauty also strongly emphasizes mental health awareness and giving back to the community.

2. NYX Cosmetics:

NYX Cosmetics is another fantastic brand that offers a wide shade range. Their foundation formulas are praised for their affordability and accessibility, making it a top choice for many. NYX offers versatile options from sheer to full coverage, ensuring that every individual can find the perfect match for their specific needs.

The Maybelline New York logo and on the top of it is some makeup items that the brand offers such as masserca, concealer, foundation and lipstick.
Go check out the top-ranked brand: Maybelline New York.

1. Maybelline New York       

Taking the top spot on the list is Maybelline New York, a brand that has consistently provided high-quality foundations at an affordable price point. Maybelline boasts an extensive range of shades, specifically formulated to cater to a wide range of darker skin tones. Their foundations offer great coverage, long-lasting formulas, and a natural finish, all at an affordable price with the lowest being at only 5 dollars. Maybelline is a go-to brand for many individuals looking for a reliable and accessible option that can be found in your local drugstore.

Choosing the right foundation is crucial for achieving a flawless makeup look, and we Hispanic people need the same amount of attention and understanding to cater to our unique skin tones. Estée Lauder, Fenty Beauty, Rare Beauty, NYX Cosmetics, and Maybelline are all reputable brands that offer an extensive range of foundation shades. While each brand has its pros and cons, I would say that Maybelline outshines them with its diverse shades and super adorable pricing. It is an amazing option to start your makeup journey or to continue it. 

Donate to Anderson Student News

Your donation will support the student journalists of Anderson High School . Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.