The Student News Site of Anderson High School

Anderson Student News

Breaking News

Anderson Student News

Anderson Student News

Volleyball starts new season

Senior Elise Swartz has been playing volleyball at Anderson high school for 2 years. Her previous years were spent at Mount Vernon high school in Virginia. Now that Swartz is near graduation, she has some advice for younger players. She encourages them to not give up and to keep pushing through it even when it gets hard and always but your best foot forwards.

Sophomore Rebecca Gosset spikes the ball at practice. (Jocel)

Swartz and the team has recently gotten new coaches,Swartz quotes that,”It’s been really good actually. We recently got a new coach and everything has been great. We’ve improved a lot and we have better teamwork. 

Swartz thinks that the presence of the new coach is improving communication among the team. 

“We’re playing harder in our game, we’re fighting hard. We all just feel comfortable telling her what we don’t feel comfortable with, and what we want to have help on.”

However, according to some players, attitude needs improvement. ”We have positive role models but the negative outweighs the positive, causing a lot of tension between the players and the coaches,” said Freshman Adalyn Collins. “That always affects the communication and how they work together.”

The coaches are new to the team so their coaching is a lot different from the last coach but some of the players that have been on the team for awhile are struggling to adjust to the new coaches and how they teach there has been a lot of complaints about the way she coaches and how she doesn’t take time to work with the JV team. So a lot of the JV players are having a hard time playing in the games because they don’t know what they’re doing.

Transition to what she’s doing after school: After school Swartz plans to expand her learning experience by going to college and wanting to become a dental assistant right now she is taking a class at D26 for dental.

Freshman Adalyn Collins said, ”Our team needs lots of improvement but we also came a long way from where we have started.”

Donate to Anderson Student News

Your donation will support the student journalists of Anderson High School . Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.