The Student News Site of Anderson High School

Anderson Student News

Breaking News

Anderson Student News

Anderson Student News

Wildfires sweep nation

Students have been noticing over the summer that the skies have been smokier and wondering what all of this has been coming from. Well most of that is coming from all the wildfires happening across North America. Accord to the National Interagency Fire Center, the U.S. states that are on fire include, California with 38 fires, Texas with 276 fires, Montana with 21 fires, Arizona with 22 fires, Washington with 24 fires, Idaho with 9 fires, New Jersey with 2 fires, New Mexico with 13 fires, and lastly Hawaii which is currently on fire right now.

I talked with NJROTC Chief David Scaramazzo  about the wildfires. Scaramazzo’s family has come from Arizona and they know firsthand how bad the heat can get. Scaramazzo’s action plan for a  wildfire is fitting for his position as a member of the US Navy.

“Well, first I would try to help anyone in need cause if you know me you know I am always the first to help. I will always put others before myself.” said Scaramazzo himself.

In Maui, Hawaii the wildfires started by sparks produced by a downed power line. So far 114 people have died, but the number climbs higher every day.

No matter what, Scaramazzo is always willing to help.

Donate to Anderson Student News

Your donation will support the student journalists of Anderson High School . Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.