The Student News Site of Anderson High School

Anderson Student News

Anderson Student News

Anderson Student News

Invincible review

Invincible+review

Invincible is a superhero show adapted from a comic series with the same name that was created by Robert Kirkman. The show that was released in 2021 had very positive reviews and the current second season is still going strong. The show has very big positives such as the cast, the story, the animation, and of course, the fights.

The show follows Mark Grayson, son of the greatest hero on Earth, Omni-Man. After he gets his powers, Mark starts his own journey to grow as an adult and a superhero known as Invincible. However, his dad has some dark secrets and this show is filled with many twists and turns and Invincible’s name is put to the test many, many times throughout the series.

The main cast of this show are as follows: Invincible, who’s real name is Mark Grayson, is played by Steven Yeun, who played Glenn Rhee in The Walking Dead. Omni-Man, Invincible’s Father, is voiced by J. K. Simons who played James Jonah Jameson in Sam Raimi’s Spider-Man trilogy. Sandra Oh, who played Dr. Cristina Yang from Grey’s Anatomy, lends her voice to Mark’s mother, Debbie Grayson. The superhero Atom Eve, is voiced by Gillian Jacobs, who played Cindy Berman in Fear Street Part Two: 1978. Cecil Stedman is voiced by Walton Goggins who may be known as Boyd Crowder in Justified.

The show has beautiful animation and each scene makes the audience feel something whether it be sadness, suspense, excitement, shock, and just generally keeping viewers engaged.

The fights in this show are also spectacular. As the show progresses and Mark improves at fighting, you can really feel his growth as he goes from using just brute strength and tackles to matching some big heavy hitters in skill, and these fights can get pretty gruesome.

The first season of Invincible was Incredible and the second season is looking great as well. Hopefully this show continues to be great and the quality does not go down.

Donate to Anderson Student News

Your donation will support the student journalists of Anderson High School . Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.