The Student News Site of Anderson High School

Anderson Student News

Breaking News

Anderson Student News

Anderson Student News

Freshmen plan to stop procrastinating 4th quarter

Freshmen at Anderson High School have new goals for this quarter. According to an anonymous poll of 25 freshmen at Anderson High School, most of the goals these students have to do with getting work done in a timely manner. According to the poll conducted, 68% of freshmen openly procrastinated during the 3rd quarter. But is procrastination the only problem?

For the Freshmen at Anderson High School even though procrastination was a big problem another problem is simple laziness. Referring back to an anonymous poll, a freshman at Anderson High School says, “I could have done better last quarter but I was just really lazy and didn’t do or turn in my work.” Another reason some freshmen students didn’t do well was because they didn’t fully understand how one assignment impacted their final grade. This caused a lot of issues already and will most likely cause more as their high school career goes on.

According to scholarships360.org, “Freshman year sets the foundation for the rest of your high school career.” What this means is that the grades you get and the classes you take freshman year determine how the rest of high school will go. The reasoning behind that is that if you do poorly your first year of high school you’ll build habits that are hard to break later on.

Although some of the freshmen at Anderson High School believed they have bettered themselves since the beginning of the school year,some haven’t. Those who haven’t changed since the beginning are planning to stop their habit of procrastinating. According to the poll freshman at Anderson High School some students are also planning to start asking for help with assignments they’re struggling with. If you are a student that struggles with procrastinating, remember that any Edmentum courses need to be done by the last day of school, May 31.

Donate to Anderson Student News

Your donation will support the student journalists of Anderson High School . Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.