The Student News Site of Anderson High School

Anderson Student News

Breaking News

Anderson Student News

Anderson Student News

Anderson High School students perform Clue

Anderson High School’s theatre performed Clue from April 26 to April 28. The play was about a group of high-class people who were all invited to a dinner at which they find out the host has blackmail against them and has already called the police.
    The only way for them not to get arrested is to figure out who the secret murderer is. Throughout the play characters are murdered but everything starts to come together towards the end.
    The cast had to do many things to make this play happen including rehearsals. One of the first things they had to was get cast as the roles in the play they wanted:
    Patrick Wells as Wadsworth, Ella Alexander as Yvette, Alex Stover as Colonel Mustard, Natalie Stover as Mrs. Peacock, Quinn Jones as Mrs. White, Kenton Pierce as Professor Plum, Kiana Richards as Miss Scarlet, Joshua Tungate-Roblero as Mr. Green, Dylan Goode as Newscaster, Anthony Johnson as Senator Joseph McCarthy, Red Smith as the cook, Lucas Taylor as the host, Israel Cripe as the motorist, Milo Butler as the unexpected cop/backup cop 2, Hope Lummis as the singing telegram girl/backup cop 1, Maddax Olsen as the chief of police, Daisia Ruble as backup cop 3. According to Red Smith who played the cook, “I feel like everyone got the roles they should have. I really liked my role.” From the audience’s Point of view the play was enjoyable.“They reacted how we expected them to. They were vibrant.” says Smith Which shows the actors fitted the roles they were casted as.
    The stage crew had to move different props on and off the stage in between scenes. Some of these props included tables,chairs,and many other items. Their stage and prop managers kept everything together and ensured everything happened the way it was supposed to. The stage managers were Quinn Jones, Molly Kimmerling, Kiana Richards, and Sammy Wilson. The prop managers were Sammy Wilson and Autumn Bodkin. They also had specific people that were in charge of other important factors of the play such as the sound,lights and other important factors of the visuals of the play. Tree lights were controlled by Bayley Myers and Landin Reeves, The sounds were controlled by TJ Pittman and Lea Shaul, and all the lights were controlled by Dylan Goode. The crew had to do many things. An example of this shows when Dylan Goode says “I had to design the lights.”
    The entire crew worked very hard on making the play happen. Including building things for the set,making posters,and controlling and designing the lights and sounds used during the play. They also had rehearsals and multiple performances of the play along with memorizing their lines. Smith, says “If you forget a line while performing you kind of just say something that your character would say and makes sense with what has to be said next.” People with off stage roles such as the newscaster had their script in front of them so they didn’ have to worry about that. The play was directed by Tiffany Johnson along with student directors Quinn Jones and Kiana Richards.

Donate to Anderson Student News

Your donation will support the student journalists of Anderson High School . Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.