The Student News Site of Anderson High School

Anderson Student News

Breaking News

Anderson Student News

Anderson Student News

Ginny and Georgia summary

Ginny and Georgia is a drama TV show that currently has two seasons. The first season came out in February 2022. The second season came out in January 2023. The series can be streamed on TVs and other mobile devices on Netflix’s website or the app.           

The series involves many different characters, such as Ginny who is a teenage girl who feels more mature than her thirty-year-old mom Georgia. Georgia was a teen mom who has been going town to town since she had Ginny and has continued ever since, bringing both of her children Ginny and Austin with her.       

The first season starts with Georgia moving Ginny and Austin to a small town in Virginia after a tragedy happened in her last town. However Ginny doesn’t like moving around very much and begins to resent her mom. Throughout the series Ginny, Georgia, and Austin all begin to deal with their own problems. Ginny began making friends and was dealing with boy problems, problems with teachers, the usual stereotypical teenage problems. Austin was being bullied by a kid in his new class so he was having a hard time trying to fit in. While Georgia has been dealing with financial issues, love problems, and the thought of Ginny finding out her secrets.                                                                                                                                         A student at Anderson High School Estephanie Salzar said, “The first season was good because it gave us a great idea of who the characters are.” I fully agree that this season was a great start of the series. Right off the top we get a great idea of who the main characters are and how their characters act. The cliffhanger at the end is amazing and leads perfectly into the second season.                   

The second season is when the show goes more in depth with real life problems teenagers face, such as depression, self harm, and so much more. The season begins with Ginny’s dad Zion talking to Georgia about Ginny seeing a therapist because of everything she has going on. Georgia is dealing with some mental health issues as well and she isn’t dealing with it as well, she’s thinking about taking off again and going off to another town. Austin is dealing with more problems because his dad who he hasn’t seen in a while has finally come to visit him but he is causing problems for all of them.  “This season was great and I feel it gave a good idea of what teens struggle with to people who aren’t going through what we are.” So overall the series is great. It brings awareness to a lot of mental health problems teenagers face. Along with it also bringing teenage problems to light as well. Which I personally think is extremely important because it is inspiring people to get help.

Donate to Anderson Student News

Your donation will support the student journalists of Anderson High School . Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.