The Student News Site of Anderson High School

Anderson Student News

Breaking News

Anderson Student News

Anderson Student News

Ms Ferrin Bio teacher-new teacher profile

1. Quote-(being a new teacher it is challenging and rewarding always keep me engaged)
    2. Quote-(she is happy with her job and also improvement) 
    3. Quote-(ask the students she also enjoying them)
    4. Quote-(I believe so she said not 100% sure yet definitely thinking about it)
    5. Quote-(I might have my old business for food science 
    6. Quote-(she teaches biology)
    7. Quote-(She said I offer to help them in any way she can and give them resources at school)
    8. Quote-(She said she follows the school rules now)
    9. Quote-(She said everybody has a weakness her weakness was  getting used to the dynamite between students and teachers year 2024)
    10. Quote-(She likes to give a leisure go through study notes and do slide presentations and then make an assignment.) 
    11. Quote-(She said she major in Biology in college always been fascinated with it it’s her favorite subject.)
    12. Quote-(She said 18 Months now that includes substituting so full time is probably about 6 Months.)

WHO: The teacher Ms Ferrin she is happy with her job and the improvement 

WHAT: She offer students resources at school and also helps them

WHERE:Anderson High School

WHEN:A126

WHY: she is happy with her job and the improvement 

“Being a new teacher is challenging, rewarding, and always keeps me engaged.” “I have not gotten bored a single day.” “Happy with me job, there is always room for improvement and get to know me students individually it will be better.” “Some people might called me a grinch overall I hope they are enjoying the class” “I believe so not sure yet but she is definitely thinking about” “I would want me old business back consulting business in food science” “I teach biology” “I offer to help them and refer them to resources to the school” “I just follow the rules” “Everybody has a weakness in the year 2024” “I like to give a short lecture or go through study notes and slide presentations” “I majored in biology in college always been fascinated with it and her favorite subject” “It been 18 months and that included substituting full time is probably 16 months.”

Poppy Ferrin is a new biology teacher at Anderson High School. She is located in Mr. Shafer’s old room, A126. She has been a full time teacher for about six months. A few months into her new job, she is enjoying the position and her students.

“Being a new teacher is challenging, rewarding, and always keeps me engaged,” Ferrin said.  “I have not gotten bored a single day.” 

She loves her new class and she wants to keep working with the students. Ferrin has been interested in Biology since she took a class in college.

“I majored in Biology in college and have always been fascinated with it,” she said. “It’s my favorite subject.”

Ferrin’s teaching style is fairly standard.

“I like to give a short lecture or go through study notes and slide presentations,” Ferrin said.

Ferrin also said she follows the rules because she thinks it is important to.

“Some people might call me a Grinch,” she admitted. “Overall, I hope they are enjoying the class.”

Ferrin thinks that she will continue being a teacher.

“ “I believe so,” she said. “I’m not sure yet but I am definitely thinking about it.”

If she wasn’t a teacher, Ferrin said she would want to go back to a previous career.

“I would want my old business back. It was a consulting business in food science,” she said. 

Donate to Anderson Student News

Your donation will support the student journalists of Anderson High School . Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.